Summer Teaching Academy
Participants in the Summer Teaching Academy will:
- Teach an actual lesson to campers attending FDU’s Camp Discovery (grades 1 to 7)
- Work in the School of Education’s state-of-the-art Prototype Classroom to create a multimedia presentation/podcast about their summer experience
- Present their podcast
Students also receive a certificate of completion in recognition of their involvement.
To be considered for the program, interested applicants must:
- Submit an application and two letters of recommendations
- Have a GPA of 2.8 or better on a scale of 4.0
- Write a short essay on why they want to be a teacher.
For more information please download the brochure for Summer Teaching Academy