For International Students and American Citizens Residing Abroad
Deadlines for Application
- Fall (August) semester: July 1 for general admission
- Fall (August) semester: January 15 for Presidential Scholarship Applicants (see Scholarship page for more information)
- Spring (January) semester: December 1
- Spring (January) semester: November 1 for Presidential Scholarship Applicants (see scholarship page for more information)
- Summer semester: Not available for freshman students
- A completed FDU Application Form (paper) or Completed Online Application
- Completed FDU Scholarship Application Form (if applicable)
Copy of information page in your valid passport
*Applicants who only have one name appearing on their passport may need to update their passport. Please visit our passport information page for more information.
- Attested of official transcripts, academic records, diplomas, national examination results, certificates or degrees received from all secondary, post-secondary, university and/or professional schools.
- TOEFL, IELTS, or Pearsons PTE-A results sent directly from the testing agency to Fairleigh Dickinson University. Include a photocopy of the results (if available) with your application. Students applying for conditional admission through ELS Language Centers should submit a complete ELS application, along with the FDU application, directly to ELS. Please review our policy on English Proficiency.
SAT exam or ACT exam results sent directly from the testing agency to Fairleigh Dickinson University (required by freshman for scholarship consideration.) Include a photocopy of the results (if available) with your applications.
****For a list of FDU's testing codes, click here.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Completed affidavit of financial support (student visa applicants only)
- Official bank statement in the name of the sponsor indicated on the affidavit of financial support. Statement must be dated within the last six (6) months and must indicate the exact account balance (student visa applicants only.) Solvency certificates are not acceptable.
A scholarship or government sponsorship award letter in your name. Enclose a signed letter or affidavit of support giving details regarding the promise of support and state the specific amount of money in U.S. dollars.
IMPORTANT: All documents submitted to the University become part of the permanent record and cannot be returned.
FDU now also accepts bank statements through the new service, FundsV.com. If your bank (or sponsor's bank) is one of more than 2,800 financial institutions within FundsV’s secure network, you may point the online account information to us to satisfy our funds verification requirement. Your FundsV profile is accessible only to FDU, and does not satisfy the funds verification requirements of any other entity.
Fairleigh Dickinson University offers a variety of majors to its undergraduate students, ranging from business to electrical engineering. Please check our undergraduate major chart for a list of all majors that are available to undergraduate international students.
- Undergraduate Majors Chart
- Undergraduate Course Bulletin - a .pdf version of the university's bulletin that offers descriptions of all undergraduate majors and course requirements.
- Undergraduate Academic Degrees - an index of all undergraduate majors offered at the university, with links to each degree's detailed website.
- For information on our undergraduate programs in Chinese, please click here
Freshmen who have completed AP or IB exams, students with GCE A-level courses and students who have taken coursework at another university may be eligible for credit transfer. Please submit all relevant scores to us as soon as they are available. Number of credits awarded depends on marks and choice of major.
Advance Placement (AP) Exams:
Advanced placement credit will be given to students who have taken college-level courses in secondary school and have scored a 4 or better in the appropriate College Board Advanced Placement Examination.
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma/Exams:
Students who complete the IB diploma or the official examinations are eligible for transfer credit for marks of 5 or above in the Higher Level exams. Please note, our current IB diploma policy is under review for further transfer credit consideration for those students who complete the IB diploma with certain scores.
GCE A-level Results:
Students are eligible to receive up to 6 transfer credits per A-level exam completed with a grade of "C" or above.
To apply to FDU, click here.
Learn about FDU's Vancouver Campus.
"EducationUSA centers are the U.S. State Department's network of hundreds of advising centers in 170 countries designed to assist local students find the appropriate college or university in the United States. Click on the image below to find your center!"