FDU welcomes transfer students from nationally recognized and accredited two-year and four-year institutions and can award transfer credit on a case-by-case basis.

Deadlines for Applying

Applicants from a foreign university:

  • Fall (August) semester: July 1
  • Spring (January) semester: December 1
  • Summer semester (subject to course availability):  May 1

Applicants from a U.S. university:

  • Fall (August) semester: August 1
  • Spring (January) semester: January 1
  • Summer semester (subject to course availability): May 1

Admission Requirements

*All application forms can be downloaded from Important Documents*

  1. Completed FDU International Student Application (free!)

  2. All official or attested academic records: transcripts, marksheets, diplomas, national examination results, certificates/degrees received from all secondary and post-secondary schools and universit (read our policy on transfer credits)

  3. Official TOEFL, IELTS, or Pearsons PTE-A results sent directly from the testing center(s) to FDU through FDU's testing codes (include a copy with your application)
    Students applying for Conditional Admission through ELS Language Centers should submit a complete ELS application, in addition to the FDU application, directly to ELS. Please review our English Proficiency policy for more details.

  4. Official SAT or ACT sent directly from the testing center(s) to FDU through FDU's testing codes (include a copy with your application)
    This is only required for applicants with <1 year of college coursework who are applying for high scholarship consideration.

  5. Two (2) letters of recommendation from academic or professional references

  6. Completed FDU Scholarship Application Form (if applicable)

  7. Passport copy (name/photo page)
    Applicants who only have one name on their passport should read our Immigration Information.

  8. For applicants seeking an F-1 student visa: Affidavit of Financial Support (self-sponsored applicants do not need an affidavit) and an official bank statement. Solvency certificates are not acceptable.

    The bank statement must meet the following conditions:

    - issued directly from the bank - no photocopies
    - indicate a balance that will cover your first year of tuition and living expenses(listed on the Affidavit of Financial Support)
    - be in the name of the sponsor indicated on your affidavit (multiple bank statements will require an affidavit from each sponsor)
    - dated within six (6) months of your desired start date

    Fall applicants must have documents dated after March 1; Spring applicants, August 1

    Alternatively, you can submit your bank statement through

    OIGA FundsV2014

    For applicants who are sponsored and seeking an F-1 student visa: Official letter from your government or sponsoring organization detailing that you are the scholarship recipient, the promise of financial support, and the amount of available funding listed in U.S. dollars.

    NOTE: All documents submitted to FDU become the property of the University and cannot be returned.

Once admitted, we require the following:

For more information:

  • Visit the Important Documents page for a complete list of application forms, FAQ's, profiles, and majors (also available in Chinese); read more our undergraduate programs through our online index of Undergraduate Academic Degrees, or search the PDF version of our Undergraduate Course Bulletin

  • Explore FDU's 4 campuses: Florham (Madison, New Jersey, USA); Metropolitan/Metro (Teaneck, New Jersey, USA); Vancouver (Vancouver, Canada); and Wroxton (Wroxton, England)

  • Want to learn more about the U.S. college application process? Speak to an expert who lives in your home country through EducationUSA, a network of hundreds of international advising centers who assist local students find the best college/university for them in the U.S. Find a center near you and take advantage of their numerous free resources.


FACT: International students make up 10% of FDU's total enrollment!

Click below to learn more:

Undergraduate Profile

Undergraduate Profile (CHINESE)

Undergraduate Majors

FDU Brochure

FDU Viewbook

Take a Virtual Tour!