The deadline for Fall 2017 Presidential Scholarship applications has passed and applications are no longer being accepted. Please check back for the application for future semesters.
FDU is proud to offer the Presidential Scholarship, a full-tuition scholarship for first-time freshmen that recognizes exceptional academic performance.
Fall (August): January 15
To be considered, students must:
- Complete an application for admission and provide all required documents
- Complete the Presidential Scholarship Application (check back for the updated form for next semester) and submit an essay and upload both to fdu.edu/myintlapp
- Meet the criteria outlined below
Qualifying standardized test score; submit one of the following:
- old SAT (Critical Reading + Math) = 1300 or higher,
- new SAT (Evidence Based Reading and Writing + Math) = 1350 or higher,
- ACT = 29 or higher
A Presidential Scholarship Application
Personal essay (topic is applicant's choice) of 400-500 words
Students who are awarded the Presidential Scholarship must live on-campus for the duration of their studies. It is renewable up to 4 years.
The Presidential Scholarship does not cover housing, food, living expenses, insurance and other fees; therefore, applicants on an F-1 student visa must also submit a bank statement and affidavit of support to cover these expenses.
This scholarship is highly competitive, and not all students who meet the above criteria and application deadline will be selected to receive this award. Applicants who do not receive the Presidential Scholarship will still be considered for other merit-based scholarships.