A graduate student is a student who has already completed an undergraduate or Bachelor's program and is seeking to earn a Master's degree.
For a list of FDU's majors, visit our Supplemental Items page.
Required documents may vary according to program. General requirements are listed below, but please check the University's department websites, Graduate Academic Degrees, or Graduate Course Bulletin for more detailed information according to major.
Submit an official TOEFL, IELTS, or Pearsons PTE-A score report directly from the testing center(s) to FDU.
- Our English Proficiency minimums and Testing Codes are online.
Submit an official GRE score report sent directly from the testing center to FDU.
Most graduate programs require a GRE score, and score minimums vary according to program. Please see below for certain exceptions:
GMAT (or GRE) must be submitted for:
All MBA programs
MS in Accounting
MS in Supply Chain Management
MS in Taxation
GRE is NOT required for:
MS in Hospitality Management
Master of Public Administration (MPA)
MA in Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language (TESL/TEFL)
MSA in Sports Administration
MA Media and Professional Communications
MS Clinical and Mental Health Psychology
Submit a Statement of Purpose explaining why you are applying to the program and the University.
Submit a resume or CV detailing all professional and academic activities undertaken during and after graduation through the present.
Submit two (2) letters of recommendation from academic or professional references.
Complete a FDU Scholarship Application Form (optional).
Submit a copy of your passport.
For applicants seeking an F-1 student visa:
Submit an official bank statement and Affidavit of Financial Support
- Bank statements must be issued directly from the bank and indicate a balance that will cover your first year of tuition and living expenses (listed on the Affidavit of Financial Support).
- Self-sponsored applicants do not need an affidavit.
- The Affidavit of Financial Support must be in the name of the sponsor indicated on your bank statement. Multiple bank statements will require an affidavit from each sponsor.
- All financial documents must be dated within six (6) months of your desired start date. Fallapplicants must have documents dated after February 1; Spring applicants, August 1.
- Solvency certificates are not acceptable.
- Alternatively, you can submit your bank statement through FundsV.com.
Submit an official letter from your government or sponsoring organization detailing that you are the scholarship recipient, the promise of financial support, and the amount of available funding listed in U.S. dollars.
NOTE: All documents submitted to FDU become the property of the University and cannot be returned.
Our Mailing Address
The Office of International Admissions
1000 River Rd., T-KB1-01
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Applicants who require a US student visa:
- Fall (August) Semester: July 1
- Spring (January) Semester: December 1
Summer semester (limited programs): May 1
Admissions are rolling. Please allow 3-4 weeks to process your application.
Deadlines may vary according to program. Please check your program's website for more details.