Metro New York International Counselor Tour
WELCOME TO THE METRO NEW YORK INTERNATIONAL COUNSELOR TOUR 2015
The sixth annual Metro New York Tour has been scheduled for mid-July, immediately following the OACAC conference being held at the University of Oregon. The Metro NY Tour will commence on Sunday, July 12, 2015 and will conclude on Friday, July 17, 2015. OACAC will take place in Oregon from July 7-10.
Counselors MUST take part in the entire week and participate in ALL daily university visits.
**IMPORTANT: Please note that this tour is for INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL AND INDEPENDENT INTERNATIONAL COUNSELORS ONLY!
Application Deadline: February 1, 2015
This tour is limited to a maximum of 25 international school counselors. To register, please scroll to the bottom of this page and complete the registration form. Upon successful submission of the form, you will get a confirmation page. Be sure to use the middle button to "send" the application through!
Please note that submission of the application does NOT guarantee a spot on the tour. Applicants will be notified of their selection to the tour by MARCH 1, 2015.
- Guidance Counselors from overseas schools
- Guidance Counselors at INTERNATIONAL schools in the U.S.
- Independent International Counselors who place UNDERGRADUATE students
Please note that as this tour is geared towards counselors of international students and American Citizens Abroad. Guidance counselors from traditional public/private schools in the U.S. are not eligible to participate in this tour.
"Agents" or "consultants" who expect commission for the placement of students and/or contracts from the universities are not eligible to participate.
• The tour will begin on SUNDAY, JULY 12, 2015 and will conclude with a morning check-out on FRIDAY, JULY 17, 2015. Attendees will need to arrive in time for a 5:30 p.m. departure from the hotel on Sunday for the opening reception and will need to depart on Friday morning, prior to hotel check-out time.
• The closest airport to Manhattan is LaGuardia (LGA). Other nearby airports are Newark Liberty (EWR) and JFK. Please take into account additional time for traffic/travel from the airport to the hotel when making reservations. Regular train and bus service is also available from many of the major east coast cities.
• As our guest, you will be required to stay through the closing reception and participate in all daily activities.
• Please note that with the exception of an opening reception on Sunday and a closing reception on Thursday, we have intentionally left your evenings/nights free so that you may explore the many fun things our area has to offer.
• Additional travel suggestions and more detailed versions of the schedule will be posted here throughout the year.
Counselors who have been emailed to confirm their place in the tour can click here for updated information.
METRO NY TOUR SCHEDULE 2015: (Subject to change)
Below is the schedule for the 2015 tour:
3 p.m. Hotel check-in time
5:30 p.m. Meet Metro NY International Tour Committee Member in lobby of hotel to depart for opening reception
6-7:30 p.m. Opening Reception at Fordham School of Law (with heavy hors d'oeveres)
8:30 a.m. meet in lobby to depart
9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. St. Johns University (breakfast included)
1:30-4:30 p.m. Hofstra University--lunch included
5:30 p.m. Anticipated arrival at hotel
8 a.m. Meet in lobby to depart
9 a.m.-12 p.m. Fordham University (breakfast included)
1:30-4:30 p.m. Fairleigh Dickinson University (Madison Campus)--lunch included
6:30 p.m. Anticipated arrival at hotel (could be later depending on traffic--booking event tickets this night is not advised!)
7 a.m. meet in lobby to depart
9 a.m.-12 p.m. Fairfield University (breakfast included and box lunch for bus)
2-5 p.m. Pace University (late afternoon refreshments included)
5:30 p.m. Anticipated arrival at hotel
8:45 a.m. Meet in lobby to depart
9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. LIU Brooklyn (breakfast included)
1:30-4:30 p.m. The New School (Eugene Lang/Parsons)- (lunch included)
4:30-7 p.m. Tour review and closing reception at The New School (dinner included)
7:30 p.m. Anticipated arrival at hotel
Important note: Upon successful submission of this form, you will be brought to a "thank you" page. If for some reason you do not see this page after submitting the application, please send an email to email@example.com.
METRO NY INTERNATIONAL COUNSELOR TOUR
July 12-17, 2015
Meet representatives and tour the campuses of some of the leading institutions in and around New York City!
- Fairfield University (CT): [Web] [Facebook]
- Fairleigh Dickinson University (NJ): [Web] [Facebook]
- Fordham University (NY): [Web] [Facebook]
- Hofstra University (NY): [Web] [Facebook]
- Long Island University (LIU), Brooklyn (NY): [Web] [Facebook]
- Pace University (NY): [Web] [Facebook]
- St. John's University (NY): [Web] [Facebook]
The New School (Eugene Lang / Parsons) (NY): [Eugene Lang Web]
[Eugene Lang Facebook] [Parsons Web] [Parsons Facebook]
Counselors must provide their own transportation to and from New York City.
Transportation between universities, single room hotel accommodation in Manhattan, daily breakfast and lunch and refreshments at the opening and closing receptions will be provided at no charge.
Counselors will tour the campuses and have presentations at all eight of the universities. Participants must arrive by the afternoon of Sunday, July 12, 2015. An orientation and opening reception will take place on Sunday, July 12 and a closing reception in the evening of Thursday, July 16.. Participants will depart in the morning on Friday, July 17.
Metro NY International Counselor Tour 2016:
Sunday, July 17-Friday, July 22, 2016-Immediately following OACAC 2016 taking place at Rutgers in New Jersey!