M.S. in Medical Technology
This program is offered under the auspices of the Henry P. Becton School of Nursing and Allied Health, University College: Arts • Sciences • Professional Studies, Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, New Jersey.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university.
- Grade point ratio (GPR) of 3.00 or higher.
- Bachelor of Science in medical technology or in biology.
- Twelve- to 15-month clinical training program in the undergraduate curriculum.
Registration as Medical Technologist of the American Society for Clinical Pathology and two years of clinical experience.
(The latter may be completed concurrently with course work, in which case full matriculation for the degree is not permitted until the two full years of experience are presented.)
- Undergraduate courses in statistics (inferential and descriptive).
- Three letters of recommendation (academic/professional).
- An essay on one of two topics: “Why did you choose graduate education?” or “What do you plan to do with your master of science degree?”
Applicants who have not completed all requirements for admission to the degree program may be permitted to enroll in classes for credit on a nonmatriculated or nondegree basis.