The Master of Arts in Mathematical Foundations Program produces teaching candidates who are:
- Qualified to teach elementary, middle school, and special education mathematics;
- Competent in pedagogy;
- Caring professionals;
- Technologically proficient;
- Culturally responsive to the needs of diverse learners;
- Reflective practitioners who embrace the concept of lifelong learning
- Prepared to obtain their instructional middle school mathematics certification from the New Jersey Department of Education.
Upon completion of the program, Mathematical Foundations teaching candidates will:
- Implement research-based best practices in effective instruction to increase mathematics achievement of all students;
- Be competent professionals who can address the diversity of the student population, including ELL students and students with disabilities;
- Develop and deliver instruction that incorporates the Common Core State Standards in Mathematics;
- Continuously assess students and use student data to differentiate instruction based upon student needs;
- Integrate technology into the mathematics curriculum.
Includes New Jersey’s Only All-Online Option for Mathematics Educators