M.A. in Math Foundation Curriculum
Responding to the Demand for Certified Middle School Mathematics Teachers
FDU's Mathematical Foundations program is specifically designed for elementary, middle school, and special education teachers seeking to meet the New Jersey State requirements to teach mathematics at the middle school level and to upgrade their mathematical skills.
1. Are you interested in becoming a Certified Middle School Mathematics Teacher?
Choose any five of the required courses below to meet course requirements for teaching mathematics at the middle school level. Should you elect to continue on and pursue the M.A. in Mathematical Foundations, you can apply these earned credits toward the degree.
2. Are you interested in the M.A. in Mathematical Foundations?
You will need to complete a total of 33 credits in the degree program, taking the following required courses:
Program Curriculum: Required Mathematics Courses (21 credits)
- MATH6507 World of Mathematics: Numbers
- MATH6508 World of Mathematics: Algebra
- MATH6509 World of Mathematics: Geometry
- MATH6512 World of Mathematics: Seminar
- MATH6513 World of Mathematics: Mathematics in Science
- MATH6516 World of Mathematics: Data Analysis & Probability
- MATH6517 World of Mathematics: Applications in the Real World
Required Supervision Courses (12 credits)
Other courses could be substituted for the following with permission of math foundations advisor if not seeking NJDOE Supervisor Certificate.
Includes New Jersey’s Only All-Online Option for Mathematics Educators
For More Information
For questions or to explore this program's opportunities, please contact:
Dr. Lina S. Wall
Assistant Professor of Mathematics Education
Peter Sammartino School of Education
Fairleigh Dickinson University
Phone: (201) 692-2834