Admission to the program is based on an applicant’s demonstrated interest, aptitude, and motivation to successfully undertake and complete Master’s level studies. This will be determined by the following minimal requirements and indicators:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts from all institutions of higher learning attended
- A cumulative undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.00 on a 4.00 scale*
- Performance on the Graduate Record Examination, which may be waived*
- A 250-500 word personal essay expressing one’s interest for applying to the program
- Two letters of recommendation attesting to the applicant’s interest and ability to undertake graduate level studies
- Personalized interviews may be considered by the Department’s Admission Committee.
- Applicants under consideration may be required to complete an abbreviated research paper that demonstrate their ability for effective writing
* Waivers for applicants who do not meet the grade point average or standardized test scores will be considered on an individual basis.
For further information, contact
Dr. James Kenny
Graduate Program Coordinator