Harris Senior Project Mentor Program
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports customers in about 100 countries and has approximately $7.5 billion in annual revenue and 21,000 employees worldwide. A company is only as forward thinking as their employees. At Harris, a world leader in international communications and information technology, we care about your ideas as much as you do.
For 60 years, customers have turned to Harris capabilities in electronic warfare (EW) to dominate the electromagnetic spectrum. We provide the knowledge, technology and techniques needed for mission success against threats across air, land and sea domains. Electronic warfare products allow warfighters to focus their attention where it matters most – the mission. Our products address the demand for additional sensors, hardened electronics, higher bandwidth, multi-functional and multiplatform capability, and open architecture compatibility. The electromagnetic spectrum pervades every aspect of the modern mission. There is no success on the ground, at sea, in the air or in space without winning the airwaves.
Harris is providing an opportunity for Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science, and Computer Engineering students to apply to be mentored and funded for their Senior Projects!
- Please submit a PowerPoint Presentation (5 slide maximum must include: background of project, technical highlights, a draft project schedule and the amount of funding you think you will need)
- Deadline of all submittals is Tuesday, November 1, 2016
- Second round will include a 10-15 min Skype presentation (plus Q&A) to Harris Engineering staff to determine funding decision
- Projects will be funded the week of November 7, 2016
For a list of preferred project topics, questions, comments, and submittals please reach out to Lima Miah at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each group will be funded up to $1,500 for their project
- Each school with a selected project will receive $1,000 for their engineering department
- Teams will have the opportunity to come onsite at Harris Corporation and have their final projects evaluated by Harris Leadership
- Top 3 projects will receive a special prize! HARRIS SENIOR PROJECT MENTOR PROGRAM
All submittals should be non-confidential