ABET General Student Outcomes for Computing Programs:
The program must enable students to attain, by the time of graduation:
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics appropriate to the program’s student outcomes and to the discipline.
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs.
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal.
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of computing on individuals, organizations, and society.
- Recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
- An ability to use current techniques, skills, and tools necessary for computing practice.
ABET Program Specific Student Outcomes:
- An ability to use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core information technologies of human computer interaction, information management, programming, networking, and web systems and technologies.
- An ability to identify and analyze user needs and take them into account in the selection, creation, evaluation and administration of computer-based systems.
- An ability to effectively integrate IT-based solutions into the user environment.
- An understanding of best practices and standards and their application.
- An ability to assist in the creation of an effective project plan.