Varied occupational, cultural and intellectual pursuits play a vital role in a complete global education. Every college at FDU offers a range of unique academic opportunities, including the programs below:
- Reserve Officer Training Corp (ROTC) programs for both the Army and Air Force are offered at Becton College, Florham Campus. These tracks enable interested students to prepare for active duty as commissioned officers in the armed forces while gaining valuable life experience and academic credit. Many ROTC students are also eligble for additional scholarship and educational funding assistance.
- The Becton Honors Program serves those motivated undergraduates whose goals include high levels of achievement in advanced study and professional life. Available in nearly every major offered by the College, the Honors Program focuses on self-directed scholarly inquiry, research, and indedependent thought. Honors students are also strongly encouraged to diversify their academic and cultural experience by spending a semester at FDU's Wroxton Campus, Oxfordshire, England.
The following New Jersey Department of Education certification programs in the Peter Sammartino School of Education are nationally accredited through Teacher Education Accreditation Council (TEAC) as of May 2008:
- Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT): Elementary Education, Secondary Education, English as a Second Language
- Teacher of Students with Disabilities (TSD)
- Educational Leadership Program
- Learning Disabilities Teacher-Consultant
- Literacy/Reading Specialist
- The MA in Creative Writing and Literature for Educators is the first graduate program in the nation to focus on the needs of high school teachers who teach both creative writing and literature. The program combines a 3-day weekend residency with on-line coursework.