Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Equip yourself with Silberman's forward-thinking Business Administration major to be a sought-after graduate. You may choose to complete the Business Administration major with or without an area of concentration. The Business Administration major gives you the option to focus on an area of concentration by taking advanced business courses that help define your skill set.
All students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science program must complete the University and Business Core Curriculum in addition to the credits listed below your Business Administration major degree option.
BS in Business Administration Without a Concentration
BS Degree Requirements for the Business Administration Major
Students pursuing a business administration major without a concentration must complete 21 credits of business major courses as follows:
Major Elective Courses, 3 Credits Each
Select 18 credits among the business major courses offered by the other Silberman College of Business majors (provided that course prerequisites have been met). No more than 9 of these credits can be taken in any given discipline.
Optional Concentrations for BS in Business Administration
Information Systems Concentration, 21 credits
(Four of the required courses are only offered on the Metropolitan Campus.)
• MIS4301 Data Communications & Networks
• MIS4303 Spreadsheet Applications in Business
• MIS4304 Database Applications in Business
• MIS4305 Systems Analysis, Design & Implementation
Select Three Elective Business Courses
Courses chosen from any permissible courses offered in other Silberman College of Business majors. Permissible means the student has satisfied all prerequisites for any course in which he/she wishes to enroll.
International Business Concentration, 21 credits
Required Courses, Each 3 Credits
• IBUS3201 Fundamentals of International Business
• MKTG3371 Principles of International Marketing
• MGMT3371 Concepts of International Management
• ECON4208 International Trade
• MIS4307 Introduction to E-Business OR
MIS4303 Spreadsheet Applications in Business
Two 3-Credit Electives
Select two elective courses from any permissible major courses offered in the other Silberman College of Business majors.
Sustainability Management Concentration, 21 credits
• MGMT3400 Managing Sustainability in the Global Context
• SUST3500 Environmental Economics
• MKTG3501 Marketing for a Sustainable World
• DSCI3502 Achieving Supply Chain Sustainability
• FIN3503 Finance, Value and Sustainability
• MGMT3504 Becoming an Effective Sustainability Agent
• ENTR4500 Sustainability Management Capstone: Social Venturing OR
ENTR4501 Guided Entrepreneurship in Social Venturing
For More Information
Contact Janette Shurdom, Assistant Dean Undergraduate Programs & Student Services, 201-692-2135.
For information or questions regarding your program please contact the advisor on your campus.
Center for Business Students - Advising Office, The Mansion, First Floor, Room 6; 973-443-8800
Jennifer Page, Advising Counselor
Janet Rapisardi, Advising Counselor
Linda Salavarria, Advising Counselor