Bachelor of Science in Marketing
Marketing majors are exposed to interdisciplinary courses that develop a broad range of business skills. The marketing curriculum is designed to prepare students for careers in sales, retailing, advertising, product management, direct marketing and research. This preparation is accomplished through course offerings in basic marketing concepts and supplemented by career specific courses. The learning process is enhanced with projects, case studies and internships.
Requirements for the BS in Marketing Degree
All students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science Degree program must complete the University and Business Core Curriculum in addition to the major requirements listed below.
21-Credit Marketing Major Requirements
• MKTG3344 Marketing Research
• MKTG3371 Principles of International Marketing
• MKTG4272 Consumer Behavior
• MKTG4365 Marketing Communication
• MKTG4405 Advanced Marketing Management
Electives (Select Two Courses)
• MKTG3341 Management of Sales Force
• MKTG3360 Internet and Direct Marketing
• MKTG4344 Public Relations
• MKTG4345 Sports and Events Marketing
• MKTG4499 Internship in Marketing Studies
BS in Marketing with Digital Marketing Concentration
With so many advances in technology, today's marketing arena is more complex than ever before. Marketers are struggling to keep up with information being shared and used by their customers on a variety of platforms. Marketing success lies in being able to understand these digital and social platforms, and in being able to seamlessly integrate a range of new capabilities with some of the more traditional ones.
A bachelor's degree in Marketing with a concentration in Digital Marketing from Silberman College of Business will prepare you for a career in this dynamic field and will equip you with the knowledge and skills to plan, design and manage a well inegrated marketing strategy.
Digital Marketing Concentration Requirements
The curriculum is designed to allow you to achieve more substantive learning about the emerging area of digital marketing. Students wishing to pursue this concentration will be required to complete a total of 21 credits, which includes the following six (6) required courses followed by an internship in the field of Digital and/or Social Media Marketing.
• MKTG4272 Consumer Behavior1
• MKTG3344 Marketing Research1
• MKTG4365 Marketing Communications1
• MKTG4405 Advanced Marketing Management1
• MKTG3360 Digital Marketing2
• MKTG3383 Social Media Marketing2
• MKTG4499 Marketing Internship (related to Digital and/or Social Media)3
1Courses required of all Marketing majors
2Courses required for the Digital Marketing Concentration
3 Students must meet the College's criteria for internships
NOTE: Students with specific questions about the major requirements should contact their advisor on their home campus.
For more information about the Marketing degree contact us at Department of Marketing and Entrepreneurship.