Bachelor of Science in Finance
The finance major at Fairleigh Dickinson provide you with an understanding of financial analysis, financial management, and financial systems. This program is offered through Fairleigh Dickinson’s Silberman College of Business at both the Florham Campus and Metropolitan Campus locations. The College holds prestigious accreditation by AACSB International – the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business – which recognizes the quality of its faculty, academic programs and resources. Less than a third of all U.S. business schools hold AACSB recognition, adding value to your undergraduate business degree from Fairleigh Dickinson.
Requirements for the Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance
All students enrolled in the Bachelor of Science Degree program in Finance must complete the University and Business Core Curriculum. The two finance courses in the Core are FIN3250 Principles of Financial Analysis and FIN3310 Intermediate Financial Analysis. Additional major requirements are listed below.
21-Credit Finance Major Requirements
Electives (Select Three)
• FIN3330 Personal Financial Management
• FIN3421 Sports Finance
• FIN4498 Internship in Finance Studies
• FIN4221 Capital Budgeting and Value Creation
• FIN4150 Working Capital Management
• FIN4351 Portfolio Management
• FIN4350 Derivatives
• Economics or Accounting course with permission of Economics and Finance Department Chair
NOTE: Students with specific questions about the major requirements should contact the advisor on their home campus.
Finance Minor Requirements
• FIN3310 Intermediate Financial Analysis
• FIN3371 International Business Finance
• FIN4341 Financial Markets and Institutions
• FIN4343 Securities and Investments
• FIN4405 Analytical Methods in Finance
For more information contact us at the Department of Economics, Finance and International Business