Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Why Study Accounting at FDU?
Did You Know...
- FDU accounting students have scored #1, 3 and 5 on the Certified Public Accountant Exam in New Jersey.
- Most accounting majors receive job offers one year before they graduate.
- The New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJSCPA) awards scholarships to FDU students.
- Three FDU faculty have been honored with NJSCPA Outstanding Educator Awards.
- Certified Public Accounting firms are restricting recruiting only to colleges like FDU that qualify students for the Certified Public Accountant exam.
- Students in the 4+1 Combined Degree Program can graduate with a BS and MS degree in five years.
BS in Accounting
BS in Accounting Degree Requirements include seven required courses for the major, fulfillment of the University and Business Core Curriculum and a minimum of 121 total credits.
Freshman year, you’ll take introductory courses in business, management information systems and mathematics along with the core curriculum and courses in the humanities and social sciences.
Your second year, you’ll take introductory accounting courses and business courses in various disciplines. Heavy concentration in accounting major courses begins in your third year.
- ACCT3241 Intermediate Financial Accounting I
- ACCT3242 Intermediate Financial Accounting II
- ACCT3243 Costing Accounting: Measurement and Control
- ACCT3390 Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT4261 Advanced Accounting
- ACCT4263 Auditing Concepts
- ACCT4267 Fundamentals of Federal Taxation
Students with specific questions about the degree requirements should contact their advisor on their home campus.
Combined BS-MS in Accounting Degree Option
If you intend to pursue a master’s degree consider our BS-MS Accelerated Degree Program.
For More Information
If you would like information regarding the majors, courses or careers paths, please contact the Department Chair Ron West at 973-443-8869 or via email .