Professional Development Program (PDP)
The goal of the Silberman College of Business Professional Development Program is to enrich your learning and preparedness for your career by offering workshops, talks, panel discussions, networking opportunities, and resources to help you secure a rewarding position in your field.
Join us at these PDP Events
Students, alumni and industry professionals help to shape each semester's offerings, and events are very popular and well attended. We are committed to bringing more business leaders and industry experts to campus to discuss the latest issues and trends. Over the past three years, PDP has held more than 30 events at both New Jersey campuses.
Events are also posted online:
Be sure to register for events in advance.
Events Have Included
- Personal Branding and Social Media
- Interview Preparation
- Networking for success
- Professional Image and Dress for Success
- Intensive Career Workshops
- FDU Alumni Career Panels
- Resume Building
- Navigating Career Fairs
- and many more.
What are the Objectives of PDP?
- To enhance the readiness of SCB undergraduate students to succeed as business professionals upon graduation.
- To foster students' development of a set of skills, knowledge, and capabilities essential for success upon graduation that complement the academic and technical foundation provided by the curriculum.
- To build students' confidence and maturity as they transition from the role of student to that of professional: from "Backpack to Briefcase."
- To facilitate ways our students can benefit from the University's co-curricular resources and opportunities for professional enrichment and development.
- To enhance the overall quality of undergraduate business students' experience.
Download for print version
Connect with Silberman College of Business: