Veterans Launching Ventures Course
Are you a veteran who’s ready to meet your next challenge?
Do you want to start (or grow) your own business, but need some guidance?
If you’re a veteran, and the idea of being an entrepreneur excites you, the Veterans Launching Ventures (VLV) program is for you.
- VLV will give you the skills and support you need to seize entrepreneurial opportunities and launch small businesses.
- VLV is a ten-week program of combined in-person instruction and online education.
You will graduate from the course knowing:
- fundamental entrepreneurial skills needed in today’s business environment;
- the competencies you need to launch your new business;
- how to build a robust marketing plan;
- how to develop financial projections for your new business;
- how to develop a comprehensive business plan so you can make an informed decision about the feasibility of starting your new business.
What makes VLV a great program for veterans?
- Veterans enjoy a supportive collegial environment with other veterans.
- Each veteran is matched with his or her own mentor for individual guidance and support during the program. Mentors are successful entrepreneurs themselves.
- Each mentor will continue to assist / guide the veteran for a period of ten months following completion of the course.
Who can apply for the course?
- All veterans from the Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines and Navy
- All spouses and children of veterans
Download our brochure.
Veterans Launching Ventures is a course offered by the Rothman Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, part of the Silberman College of Business at Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Fairleigh Dickinson University
Silberman College of Business
Rothman Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
285 Madison Ave
Mail Stop M-MS2-05
Madison, NJ 07940