2018 FDU Shark Tank Business Idea Competition
Do you have a winning business idea?
- First place prize is $1500 for the team or individual.
- Second place prize is $500
- Third place prize is $250
Submit your idea to see if you qualify to compete in FDU Shark Tank.
- The annual competition will be on Thursday, April 5, 2018. Location and time to be announced.
- Use the form below to submit your entry.
- The deadline for business idea submissions is Thursday, March 1, 2018.
Rules of the competition:
- Teams can consist of one to three members. Team members can be undergraduate students or graduate students or a mix of undergraduate and graduate students.
- What is your business idea? And why do you think you should win? The idea submission cannot exceed 500 words.
- Who are your customers?
- Who are your competitors?
Criteria to keep in mind when writing your business idea:
- clarity of idea
- how persuasive your idea is
- how innovative your idea is
- social impact of product or service
- The team that wins the FDU Shark Tank shall agree to participate in the UPitchNJ statewide competition at Princeton University. The winning team will set up an exhibit and pitch its business idea/model to a panel of judges in a large auditorium.
How to Create a Winning Business Idea -- In Six Easy Steps from Forbes Magazine.
How to Pitch an Idea to Your Boss, Colleagues, and Customers from Workawesome.com.
- Winners: Rachel Catena, Chris Lopez and David Vance, and John Marciano
- Judging panel: Jon Budish, Domenick Celentano, Guillaume Gauthereau, Joseph Gulfo, Meyyappan Narayanan
- Moderator: Patrick Cozza