Business and Foreign Language Teen Camp
Discover Business at FDU's Florham Campus in Madison, NJ
Two distinct summer sessions are offered in 2017.
Both are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Intensive Summer Session: July 17-21 for high school students grades 9-12
- Global Business Session: August 7-11 for high school students grades 9-12
FDU's Florham Campus, Madison, NJ
- $720 includes registration fee, deposit, and tuition.
- Lunch is provided daily.
- Registration opens in February.
- Registration deadline is July 1.
- Campers entering grades high school 9 through 12 in the fall of 2017 may apply. This usually includes students ages 14 to18.
Is your teenager ready for college?
Does he or she have basic business skills?
Then enroll him or her in FDU’s innovative Discover Business and Foreign Language Teen Camp at the Florham Campus, located in Madison, NJ. The Rothman Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, the University’s distinguished entrepreneurship center, is offering two summer sessions from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily.
The skills learned at this camp can be applied to all areas of life – in school, business, and the world. Students will gain knowledge in the following areas:
Team work and leadership
- Being a team player in a global business environment
- Group dynamics—how to work in a team and resolve conflicts
- Group projects—collaboration and new technology methods
- Effective management and leadership skills
Communications and foreign language
- How to speak and write in professional environments. Choose between Japanese and Mandarin and learn how businesses function in other countries.
- Making a positive first impression, the value of business etiquette
- Building relationships of trust within and outside of business
- Benefits of networking online and in person
- Personal finance—saving, budgeting and investing
- Cash management tools
Marketing and market research
- Using library resources and the internet to find business information
- Selecting target market and designing a market strategy
- Tactics to deliver an effective advertising campaign
- Learn from the real life experiences of entrepreneurs
- Explore entrepreneurship and business planning
- Visit innovative companies near FDU
- At the end of the week, students present a team business plan
Frequently asked questions
What is the faculty/counselor to student ratio? 1 to 10.
Will a certificate of completion be given? Yes.
What is the age range for campers? Campers entering grades 9 through 12 in the fall of 2017 may apply. This usually includes ages 14 to 18.
Is there a scholarship program for students? Yes. Interested applicants should submit their medical / registration form first, and make note on their form that they are interested in a scholarship. Scholarships are partial, meaning there would be a discount, and are on a case by case basis. Please inquire on the status of this after submitting registration.
Is this a sleep-away camp? No, the camp is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily, ending at 3 p.m. on the last day.
Is transportation provided? No. Parents/guardians are responsible to make sure their child is provided with transportation to and from the camp at the times given. FDU is not responsible for early arrivals or late departures.
What is the dress code? Khaki shorts, a polo shirt, and sneakers are suggested. There will be some outdoor recreational activities during breaks, and sneakers (or supportive footwear) are encouraged. Flip flops and open-toed sandals are discouraged for safety purposes.
What should I bring? Campers are encouraged to bring a notebook, pen, water bottle, sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses. You may bring your own snacks. While the majority of time will be spent indoors in air conditioned rooms, during breaks there will be time spent outdoors. Some of the outdoor activities during the breaks include Frisbee and kickball, therefore it is advised students wear sneakers. If students happen to have their own business cards, they are welcome to bring these for the networking portions of the course.
Registration and tuition
To register, please download and complete the combined registration / medical form.
Make checks payable to: FDU-Rothman Institute. Credit cards are not accepted at this time.
A $150 nonrefundable deposit plus a one-time $25 registration fee are required at the time of registration to hold a space for each camper.
There are two ways to pay:
- $175 at registration time; $545 due by July 1.
- $720 to pay in full, by July 1
Mail the form with your check to:
Rothman Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship - Teen Camp
Fairleigh Dickinson University
285 Madison Ave., M-MS1-05
Madison, NJ 07940
Hand-delivery of forms is not accepted.
For more information please call 973-443-8887.
Prior to July 1, 100% of camp costs will be refunded, less deposit and registration fee. No refunds will be given after July 1, 2017.
For more information:
- call us at 973-443-8887
- email us at email@example.com
What students are saying:
“The camp was informative and interesting while still being fun.”
“The camp brought in experts that were extremely helpful to hear from.”
“This was a good way to learn with (and from) other young and aspiring entrepreneurs."
"Very well planned!”