The mission of the Silberman College of Business at Fairleigh Dickinson University is to be a center of learning committed to the education of tomorrow's leaders today, to prepare our students to succeed in a global environment, and to advance the understanding of business.
The Silberman College of Business will be recognized globally, by stakeholders and peers, for its excellence in teaching, intellectual contributions, and programs that expand knowledge to promote the practice of business management. We will be a benchmark program for business education excellence in teaching and scholarship, and for enabling our students to function effectively in a challenging and dynamic multi-cultural work environment.
Consistent with the mission of Fairleigh Dickinson University, Silberman College helps students reach beyond themselves and toward an engaged life in the dynamic global market.
• We are committed to highly effective teaching and engaging students as partners in learning.
• We commit to personal and professional integrity and high standards of ethical conduct.
• We are committed to instilling proper leadership responsibilities, including social, economic and environmental.
• We are results-oriented and committed to our students' individual and organizational success.
• We value diversity, open-mindedness, and mutual respect and believe they are critical to the success of our programs.
• We support and encourage our students, faculty, and staff to engage in civic endeavors, community outreach, and greater global understandings.
• We value continuous improvement and our graduates being life-long and engaged learners.
• We remain responsive to the changing needs of a global, multi-cultural business environment.
• We consider our alumni as important partners and value the involvement of multiple stakeholders in our learning environment.
• We are a dedicated community of teacher-scholars and value the role of scholarship in enhancing the role of teaching.
• We believe business education integrates outreach, economic, social, and environmental responsibilities.
• We value an appreciation of other cultures and viewpoints.
• We believe that active and collaborative learning are important tools in making the learning experience more relevant, interesting, and useful.