BAIS - Learning Outcomes
Each college program has identified outcome measures that indicate whether students are successful in meeting the specific outcomes for the program. The following are outcome measures that will be assessed for the BAIS program:
- Communication: An FDU graduate will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in written documents, when making oral presentations, and when appropriate, by using graphic presentation software.
"This outcome is also aligned with FDU University learning outcomes for written communication, oral communication and information literacy"
- Critical Thinking: An FDU graduate will demonstrate the ability to define problems; to use information resources such as libraries and computers; and to analyze and integrate knowledge, perspectives and techniques.
"This outcome is also aligned with FDU University learning outcomes for critical thinking"
- Global and Culture Understanding : An FDU graduate will demonstrate an understanding of the historic and global context of events and achievements over time as treated in subjects such as history, the arts and the humanities with an awareness of and sensitivity to global problems and social issues, including those involving ethnic and cultural differences.
"This outcome is also aligned with FDU University learning outcomes for Global Understanding and Cultural Understanding"
- Specialization: An FDU graduate will demonstrate the mastery of a body of knowledge in one subject area or a group of related areas that will be considered the graduate’s specialization.
Additional Learning Outcome for Bilingual Programs:
- English Language Proficiency: An FDU graduate will demonstrate proficiency in the English language for those students who are not yet proficient in English.