Public Administration MPA - Requirements
The M.P.A. degree is granted for a minimum of 39 credits, of which at least 30 credits must be taken at Fairleigh Dickinson University. The 39-credit total must contain:
1. Twenty-one credits of required foundation courses:
PADM6600 Public and Nonprofit Management
PADM6602 Budgeting and Finance
PADM6603 Public Policy Administration
PADM6604 Human Resources Management
PADM6606 Analytic Methods for Managerial Decision Making
PADM6610 Quantitative Methods for Administrators
PADM6680 Information Technology Management
The M.P.A. elective course offerings are designed to offer students the opportunity to pursue in-depth study in public management, health services administration, Jewish communal service and nursing management.
4. An accepted M.P.A. Project Report (3 credits) or M.P.A. Thesis (3 credits).
5. A cumulative grade point ratio of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) is required for graduation. Students who receive more than two grades of C or lower will be dismissed from the program.
6. In addition to the 39-credit requirement indicated, an internship (3 credits) is required for students having little or no background in public service. Students will be informed of their need to complete an internship upon admission to the program.
7. Students are required to meet with their assigned academic adviser each semester to assess overall academic performance and plan for their next semester’s program of study. Students with weak backgrounds in government, communication skills, computer literacy or other critical areas may be required to take additional work beyond the 39-credit minimum.
For more information, please contact:
William J. Roberts
Public Administration Insitute
Dickinson Hall Mailstop H-DH2-13
1000 River Road
Teaneck, NJ 07666