Administrative Science (MAS)
Master of Administrative Science
The School of Administrative Science's Master of Administrative Science (MAS) degree is a 30-credit off- campus program structured to meet the career development needs of adult learners working in administrative and professional positions in the private sector, government agencies and not-for-profit organizations. Its primary purpose is to enhance the administrative and leadership skills of graduates. The MAS is FDU’s largest part-time graduate studies program.
The program is designed to serve primarily in-service students with five or more years of relevant professional work experience. Since the degree program is targeted toward working adults, admission is based on multiple criteria, including the applicant’s career and other accomplishments, personal maturity and evidence of commitment to graduate study and continued professional development. Special consideration will be given to applicants who have a significant record of relevant professional and/or administrative experience.
The program combines both cognitive and affective (interactive) instruction through case studies, simulations, individual and group exercises, and fieldwork that helps to develop critical managerial effectiveness. The MAS educational experience seeks to develop critical administrative competencies in a supportive learning environment in conjunction with specific and clear feedback.
- A 30-credit program that can be completed in 20 months while working full-time.
- An opportunity to begin the program at any one of four entry points during the year: September, January, April and June.
- Small classes offered one evening per week (6:00 p.m.-9:30 p.m. or 5:30- 8:45 p.m.) in a 12-week trimester format or five consecutive Saturdays (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.) to accommodate the needs of working professionals.
- Online classes are offered in a 10-week format and are asynchronous: students can access the information at any time and from any place.
- Over 55 convenient off-campus locations throughout New Jersey.
- Tuition includes a partial scholarship, and entitles participants to use FDU's facilities (library, recreation center, etc.).