Getting Started: Accessing your Online Course
Important information for new online students
Your online course resides on FDU’s WebCampus, the university’s implementation of the BlackBoard learning management system, or “LMS”.
In order to access your course, you must first be registered for the course and have a Webmail account as described below.
Creating a WebMail account
- Open a web browser and navigate to https://webmail.fdu.edu.
- Follow the link labeled “Create New Account” and follow the directions given.
- Once you have a Webmail address, your WebCampus course account will automatically be created.
The creation of your WebCampus account, while automatic, may take up to 36 hours depending on when the next system update occurs.
Log On to WebCampus
For detailed instructions on how to use WebCampus, please refer to the Center for Teaching and Learning with Technology’s WebCampus Student Manual (PDF).
- Login to WebCampus at http://webcampus.fdu.edu
- Enter your FDU Webmail Username (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your FDU Webmail Password, then click “Login.”
- Click on the desired course link to access that course. All of the courses you are registered for will be listed in the box titled “My Courses.”
Where to go for help
If you have difficulty logging on to WebMail or WebCampus for the first time, please contact FDU technical support at 973-443-8822 and by e-mail at email@example.com.