Frequently Asked Questions

I think I am getting close to graduation. What do I need to do?

  1. Contact your advisor to review your checksheet
  2. Declare your candidacy for graduation by completing the appropriate form (see Document Downloads)
  3. If you are declaring candidacy for your associate's degree, you can fax the form to the Office of Online Programs (201) 692-7359 or mail it to:

Office of Online Programs
Fairleigh Dickinson University
1000 River Road (H-DH1-05)
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Attn: JoAnna Steiner

If you are declaring candidacy for your BA in Individualized Studies, please mail the form to Enrollment Services on the Metropolitan Campus as instructed on the form.

I need to skip a term. May I do that?

You may skip a term with no penalty. However, if you skip more than one, you will need to fill out and fax an Application for Readmission form to the Office of Online Programs: 201.692.7359.

Can I access material at the Fairleigh Dickinson University Library online?

Yes, visit the University Library website at

Will I need to purchase any books for my classes; If so where do I get them?

This depends on the course you are taking and the instructor teaching it. Most courses will require a text book or material of some kind. Specific requirements for each course can be obtained by logging into WebCampus and checking your online course. Books can be purchased through a variety of means, including the FDU Bookstore.

What are the technical requirements for participation in FDU's online program?

A full list of hardware and software requirements can be found in the WebCampus Student Manual.