Associate in Arts
Liberal Art Major
The online Associate in Arts (AA) is offered through the University’s Petrocelli College of Continuing Studies, which has a long history of offering career-relevant programs for adults and working professionals. The AA program, which has flourished at both campuses and at offsite degree locations in northern New Jersey for many years, was recently converted to a fully online format. Because FDU relies on completely asynchronous (any time, any place) online learning delivery, its distance learning offers unparalleled educational flexibility. Students may log on and complete their course work wherever and whenever it is most convenient for them.
The AA degree is ideally suited to adult learners who have little or no previous college credit. FDU will accept up to 30 credits, of the 60 required for the degree, from other sources, including:
- College level course work earned at other accredited institutions where the student has received a grade of “C” or better.
- College level exams (CLEP, TECEP, etc.) that recognize college level knowledge in a variety of fields.
- Corporate training courses approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) for college credit.
- Credit for college level knowledge gained through portfolio assessment of experiential learning and documented in accordance with rigorous standards.
- Other sources such as law enforcement academy training and military experience that has been evaluated as equivalent to college-level credit.
The program is designed as a timely and cost efficient vehicle to enable students to earn their associate’s degrees. Classes are organized in 10-12 week terms, beginning in September, January, April, and June. For students who wish to continue their studies, the associate’s degree can roll directly into the online Bachelor of Arts in Individualized Studies (BAIS)