Admission to Online Programs at FDU

Select the Program Best Suited to Your Goals

Adult learners who wish to pursue their undergraduate studies exclusively online may apply through the Office of Online Programs to either the Associate of Arts (AA) in Liberal Arts or the Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Individualized Studies. The AA is designed for those with few (up to 30) or no transfer credits and can roll directly into the BA. The BA in Individualized Studies is designed as a bachelor's degree completion program and allows up to 90 transfer credits. It also requires students to select an area of specialization: Business, Communications, Business & Technology, Public Service Administration, or Liberal Arts. Each BA student will be provided with an individual plan of study for earning his or her degree. More information about each program is available by following the links on the left.

Requirements for Admission 

As an adult learner, your eligibility for admission to the University is based on your previous educational experience:

  • If you have previously attended a regionally accredited college or university and have at least 24 transfer credits, submit official transcripts from each institution attended. These will be evaluated both for admission eligibility and to determine your advanced standing in (i.e. transfer credits to) your selected degree program.
  • If you have not attended a regionally accredited college or university or have fewer than 24 transfer credits, submit an official high school transcript or proof of a GED (with Scoresheet).

Adult applicants are not required to submit SAT or ACT scores.

Admission Procedure

The Office of Online Programs maintains a rolling admission policy for the online AA and BA in Individualized Studies. Adult learners may enter at the start of any term:  Fall (mid September), Spring (early January), Summer I (early April) or Summer II (early July). To apply for admission:

  1. Fill out an adult application for admission or, if you are reapplying to the same program after a short leave, fill out the re-admission form.
  2. Follow the instructions for submission on the form.
  3. Request official transcripts be sent from all previously attended institutions and/or send a high school transcript if fewer than 24 college credits have been earned. If you served (or are serving) in the military, request a military transcript be sent as well. All documents should be sent to: 

          Office of Online Programs
          Fairleigh Dickinson University
          1000 River Road (H-DH1-05)
          Teaneck, NJ  07666
          Att:  JoAnna Steiner