Twelve Reasons to Choose ISHTM
1. The New York metropolitan area's oldest hospitality program and one of the oldest in the United States, founded in 1942.
2. Our program is currently listed by The Best Schools.org as number four out of the top 20 hospitality schools in America. In addtion to that, our program was rated by the Princeton Review’s Gourman Report as one of the top fifteen 4-year hospitality management programs in the United States.
3. New Jersey's premier bachelor's and master's degree program in hotel, restaurant, culinary arts, and tourism management.
5. Easy access to both New York City and Atlantic City -- the center of the world's largest hospitality market.
6. Unique opportunities for hands-on training provided by affiliated hotel/restaurant/conference center properties, such as the prestigious Hamilton Park Hotel and Conference Center, adjacent to the College at Florham, The Park Avenue Club, located across the street from the Florham campus, as well as, numerous clubs, restaurants and hotels in the New York City and Atlantic City areas.
7. An outstanding faculty of industry professionals who have spent years "doing what they teach".
8. First-hand opportunities to study the international hospitality industry through a senior-year seminar in Switzerland or Italy.
9. More than 700 internship and career track positions annually available through the International School of Hospitality and Tourism Management.
10. A network of over 3,300 alumni in hospitality and tourism leadership positions worldwide.
11. Joint course offerings in FDU's Rothman Institute for Entrepreneurial Studies -- rated by Success magazine as one of the top entrepreneurial schools in the United States -- for students interested in one day opening their own business.
12. The world's oldest and most prestigious culinary/hospitality arts society, "The Chaîne des Rôtisseurs", honored the School by choosing to relocate their national headquarters to FDU's Madison campus where they offered the School significant space, in their new building, to house its offices and classrooms. In addition, the Chaine supplies the School's students with jobs, scholarships and privileged access to their culinary/wine and hospitality arts library.