Candidates for admission to the Master of Science in hospitality management degree program could be managers, business owners or educators or hold other professional positions related to the hospitality industry. The credentials required for admission as a matriculated student include the following:
- A graduate application for admission and nonrefundable application fee.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative grade point ratio (GPR) of 2.75. (Applicants with a GPR of less than 2.75 may be admitted as pre-matriculated students on probation).
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended.
- English-language proficiency, both written and verbal.
- Industry work experience preferred (applicants without industry work experience may be required to take foundation courses HRTM 6100 and HRTM 6200 upon evaluation).
- Personal statement of 400 words explaining reasons for pursuing hospitality graduate studies.
- Personal interview with a graduate program adviser.
Additional classes may be required as a pre-requisite for acceptance into the program. Applicants who are unable to provide official documents at the time of enrollment may register as nonmatriculated or nondegree students with the approval of a graduate faculty adviser.