Director, International School of Hospitality & Tourism Management
Joseph Tormey was appointed Director of the International School of Hospitality and Tourism Management in July 2014. Previously he oversaw Community College Partnerships in the southern New Jersey locations of Atlantic Cape Community College, Ocean County College, and Mercer County Community College, 2004 - 2014. Before joining FDU he taught at The Culinary Education Center of Brookdale Community College and the Monmouth County Vocational School District, 1999 - 2004.
Dr. Tormey has more than 25 years of domestic and international management experience, and 15 years of teaching and administrative experience in higher education. He has consulted for hospitality and tourism companies in the areas of business development, strategic management, food service operations, Asian marketing, and customer service. He serves on numerous advisory committees in higher education, government, and business and industry.
• Doctor of Hotel and Tourism Management, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China
• Master of Science in Hospitality Management, Fairleigh Dickinson University, NJ
• Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, Pace University, NYC
• Certified Hospitality Educator, American Hotel & Lodging Institute
• Food Service Management Professional, National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
• Windows on the World Wine School NYC
1000 River Road
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Mail Stop: H-DH2-14