Petrocelli College of Continuing Studies
The Thinking Skills Institute Test Preparation Program of Fairleigh Dickinson University’s Division of Continuing Education offers GMAT and GRE Preparation Courses at no final cost to you. (Learn more)
The curriculum of the Petrocelli College of Continuing Studies intends to specifically address the needs of students outside the mainstream of traditional undergraduate and graduate populations served by the University's other colleges. The College's many initiatives also represent an entrepreneurial approach to meeting the needs of students of all ages and backgrounds.
Programs listed on this page are programs for academic credit. For non-credit programs, see Continuing Studies.
The college structure includes:
- Pre-College Programs
- Programs for Adults
- Programs for Traditional Age Students
- Graduate Degree Programs
- Graduate Certificate Programs
In conjunction with the other colleges, Petrocelli College also is heavily involved with distance-learning initiatives, summer- and winter-session programming and the support and development of credit certificate programs. The Petrocelli College's other programs include:
New - BA in Sports Administration
Gifted and Talented credit courses
- 8th and 9th grades
Middle College courses offered through 100 districts
- 11th and 12th grades
- Summer Scholars classes for rising juniors.
Computer Teens Summer Program
- 11th and 12th grades
- Bachelor of Arts in Individualized Studies (BAIS)
- Puerta al Futuro (AA, BAIS, MAS)
- AA in Korean Studies Bilingual
- AA in Liberal Arts
- Enhanced Freshman Experience
- BA in Interdisciplinary Studies
- BS in Hotel, Restaurant, & Tourism Management
- BA in Hospitality Management
- Master of Administrative Science
- MS in Homeland Security
- MS in Hospitality Management
- Master of Public Administration
- MS in Service Innovation and Leadership
- Master of Sports Administration
- Master of Student Services Administration
- More than 20 Graduate Certificates
- Post Graduate Certificates
Programs for special admit, full-time students:
- Educational Opportunity Fund (EOF)
- learning disabled programs
- On-site programs targeted to corporate employees
About the College
Formed in April 1998, originally with the name New College of General and Continuing Studies, Petrocelli College of Continuing Studies addresses the special educational needs of nontraditional students, including adult learners.
Recognizing that the student profile on most U.S. campuses is changing dramatically, the University's Petrocelli College provides a unified approach to -- and enhanced focus on -- adult learners; it continues to position FDU as a leader in providing learning opportunities in a strong academic foundation for students of all ages. The College also provides a point of entry and a supportive educational environment for those full-time students who do not meet regular admission requirements.
Petrocelli College features precollege programs, two- and four-year undergraduate degree offerings, seven graduate degree programs, postbaccalaureate education and nondegree programs, with many credit, noncredit and certification options. Based on the Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, New Jersey, the College offers programs on both New Jersey campuses, as well as at more than 40 other sites. Courses are offered in formats, at times, and in locations convenient for those students outside the mainstream of traditional undergraduate and graduate populations served by the University's other colleges.
Explore all that the Petrocelli College of Continuing Studies has to offer.