A discipline-oriented approach for students who wish to focus their academic inquiries.
Honors in the Major enables students to:
- Engage in self-directed scholarly inquiry and research;
- Acquire sophisticated knowledge of and skills in their own field;
- Prepare for high levels of achievement in advanced study and professional life;
- Learn to explore new ideas and take intellectual risks;
- Develop an enhanced awareness of their discipline's standards and ethics;
- Cultivate habits of independent thought and creativity; and
- Strive for objectivity in scholarly discourse and analysis.
Please consult with the Chair of your department if you are interested in pursuing Honors in your major.