ITV Course Policy
ITV Classrooms – Procedures for semester long courses.
This policy pertains only to the ITV rooms managed by the Center for Teaching and Learning with Technology (on the Metro campus, DH 2245 and DH 1132, and in Florham, Dreyfus 214 and Sarah Sullivan). For policies pertaining to other rooms, please contact the individuals responsible for the relevant rooms
· Proposing a course for ITV delivery. Instructors, Chairs, or Directors may propose a course for ITV delivery after receiving approval from the relevant Chair, Director, or Dean. ITV courses are proposed at least one full semester in advance of the start date for the course.
· Requesting the ITV room(s) for a course. To request the ITV rooms call 201-692-7060.
· Training policy. No instructor may be scheduled to teach in the ITV room unless he or she attends training on using the sophisticated ITV equipment. Training should be scheduled as soon as possible after the instructor is identified, preferably a month prior to the start date of the course. To arrange for training, please contact call 201-692-7060.
· Connection with non-FDU sites. Please select the link below to find out about the policy for Connecting to External Sites.
· Cancellation policy. If you must cancel a class, please let the Center for Teaching and Learning with Technology know as soon as possible and at least one full business day prior to your class. Instructors who cancel more than two class sessions without notifying the Center for Teaching and Learning with Technology will not be allowed to book the ITV room for future courses.
ITV Classrooms – Food & Drink Policy.
The ITV classrooms in DH 1132 and Dreyfus 214 contain sensitive and expensive equipment that could easily be damaged by spilled drinks or contamination by food particles. Also, the rooms do not receive regularly scheduled janitorial service. For these reasons:
· No food or drink is allowed under any circumstances in DH 1132 and Dreyfus 214. Sealed containers are allowed provided that the container is not opened at any time while in the ITV classroom. If you are observed with food or drink you will be asked to remove this item from the ITV classroom.
· Instructors are asked to enforce the no food or drink policy with the students in their classes. If members of a given class repeatedly violates this policy, the instructor will not be permitted to schedule the ITV classroom for future classes.
· DH 2245 is configured differently and has different equipment, and as such food will be allowed in DH 2245. Any buffet set-up should be done in the adjoining kitchen area. Please ensure that all guests or meeting attendees exercise care with the food, and keep the food at the table area.