Transitioning to Green Careers
In the News:
- Where are all the green jobs (Mar 22, 2012 | Daily Record | By Jeana Wirtenberg | Transitioning to Green )
- Transitioning to Green: Preparing workers for a sustainable economy (Mar 22, 2012 | Daily Record |By Meghan Van Dyk )
Transitioning to Green Careers™ is a three-month non-credit certificate program, supporting individuals from all areas of specialization in finding and securing their professional position in the new green economy. The program helps professionals in transition learn and apply leading edge knowledge of green and sustainable business practices to make them more marketable in their job search.
Through a combination of state-of-the-art education, personal reflection, career assessment and evaluation, and partnership with a Transitioning to Green™ certified career coach, participants:
- Gain insights into who they are, where they are and where they want to go, building on their passions, values, aspirations, knowledge, experience and expertise
- Determine the opportunities (in-house full-time or part-time positions or entrepreneurial ventures) for which they are best-suited
- Create and execute a personalized, highly-effective action plan in pursuit of their career objective
All participants attend a dynamic and highly interactive Transitioning to Green Career Forum™, with subject matter experts in major industry areas as well as green entrepreneurial opportunities. They receive a personalized set of Green Career Path options and come away with a concrete personal career action plan.
Participants are guided through the process using a blended learning approach that combines structured and self-directed activities, and includes instructor-led workshops, webinars, job development coaching, in-person and social media networking, reading assignments and research. Participants learn about leading edge development of green and sustainable business practices, and how to apply them to their own skills, experiences and capabilities. At the conclusion of the twelve weeks of structured activities, participants take their Certificate Examination online.
In addition, participants enjoy full benefits of Transitioning to Green’s community and Network, including access to:
- The Knowledge Exchange™ (a proprietary database of unparalleled, current, sustainability-related, green career-relevant information)
- Free job-listings and regular updates
- Informative and practical cross sector as well as industry specific Green Career and Entrepreneurial webinars
- Networking opportunities with peers and Subject Matter Experts
- Job Development and Entrepreneurial support
A team of experts and authors from FDU and the Transitioning to Green Foundation are collaborating to help professionals in transition accelerate job placements, build sustainable careers, and create new entrepreneurial opportunities in the green economy. Working one-on-one with a professional career coach and trusted job developer, participants are guided through a carefully orchestrated, step-by-step process. The program is led by a caring and committed group of subject-matter experts and professionals with deep experience and expertise in the emerging green economy, with the goal of helping participants find success and fulfillment through securing a green job and building a green career.
Transitioning to Green Careers™ Program includes required and optional curriculum as outlined below. Participants are required to take a test for certification.
- Online Green Careers Skills Assessment --- Required
- Certificate Program Orientation --- Required
- Begin ongoing work with Career Coach --- Required
- Reading Assignments --- Required
Building Your Foundation
- Transitioning to Green World of Possibilities Forum™ --- Required
- Exploring Your Green Career Path Workshop --- Required
- Developing Your Green Knowledge and Social Media Networking Workshop --- Required
- Guided career and job research using The Knowledge Exchange™ and other online resources --- Required
Executing Your Job Search
- Conducting Your Green Job Search Workshop --- Required
- Post Workshop Job Development coaching --- Required
- Job Networking --- Required
- Knowledge and Skills Building Webinars --- Required
- Discussions with Subject Matter Experts --- Required
- Certification Test --- Required
Sustaining Your Green Career
- Continued access to Transitioning to Green™ Services, Inc. , The Knowledge Exchange, and Webinars --- Optional
- Continued participation in Green Career Networking --- Optional
- Continued job search support through Transitioning to Green Foundation services --- Provided
* List of Program Dates is found at: http://ttgfoundation.org/programs/careers-certificate.
The Benefits you will gain by participating in this Transitioning to Green CareersTM Certificate Program
You receive education and skills directly related to your career transformation by attending a series of workshops, live events and webinars, in addition to the dynamic and highly interactive Transitioning to Green World of Possibilities Forum™.
- You will get all the basics in career planning and job search skills and techniques, including writing a resume, a cover letter and an elevator pitch. You will also learn the fundamentals of interviewing and online job search skills.
- You receive a set of personalized Green Career path options that will be used to help you prepare and execute a detailed and practical personal career action plan.
- You gain exposure and visibility to sustainability thought leaders and subject matter experts, with deep experience and expertise in the emerging green economy.
- You will move through the 12-week Certificate Program with a cohort of other professionals. You have the benefit of building a green network, collaboration, brainstorming and supporting each other.
Cost of Program:
On-time Completion Rate:
Job Placement Rate:
An informative video describing the Green Career Certificate Program can be reached by clicking here.
By Telephone: 800-338-3887 or
By Fax: 201-692-6505
By E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Transitioning To Green has an open enrollment with individualized educational and career planning. Call for current schedules.
Approved for WIA Training Grants. Contact your local One Stop/WIB center for eligibility approval. .
For information about employment demand within the Green Economy Sector visit the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net Online website. While this program is appropriate for professionals in any occupation within the green economy sector, the O*Net job code for Sustainability Specialists is: 13-1199.05.00
Co-sponsored by The Institute for Sustainable Enterprise in the Silberman College of Business.
For additional information, visit: www.ttgfoundation.org