Certificate in Financial Planning
A Mark of Excellence
The CFP® certification is the most widely recognized credential in the field for high quality standards and ethical practices. It has, in fact, become the national standard of professionalism for financial planners.
Graduates of FDU's program are awarded a Certificate of Completion in Financial Planning from the University. The program also is registered with CFP Board to make students eligible to apply to sit for the comprehensive CFP® Certification Examination.
FDU does not certify individuals to use the CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM and CFP (with flame logo)® certification marks. CFP certification is granted only by Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards to those persons who, in addition to completing an educational requirement such as this CFP Board-Registered Program, have met its ethics, experience and examination requirements.
CFP® CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM and federally registered CFP(with flame logo)® are certification marks owned by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards. These marks are awarded to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board's initial and ongoing certification requirements.
As a result, today's consumers are increasingly seeking financial planners who have distinguished themselves by earning this professional credit.
Who Should Consider this Program?
FDU's Financial Planning Program will elevate the financial skills and career options of professionals practicing in the financial services industry, including:
- Investment Advisors
- Stock Brokers
- Tax Managers
- Insurance Producers
- Employee Benefits Professionals
- Risk-Management Professionals
Other Related Professionals & Career Changers
Participants can look forward to acquiring a wide range of proficiencies essential for success in the financial planning field.
1. Attractive and Easy-to-Reach Campus Locations
The Financial Planning Program is offered on Fairleigh Dickinson University's two northern New Jersey Campuses:
- Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck: Located in Bergen County, just five miles from the George Washington Bridge.
- College at Florham, Madison: Near historic Morristown and many of Morris county's leading corporate centers.
- Monmouth County Graduate Center (MCGC): Located in Eatontown.
2. Convenient Class Times
Classes offered through FDU's Financial Planning Program are designed to meet the educational needs of practicing professionals without interruption of their full-time work schedules. Classes meet once per week for 3 and a half hours.
3. Instruction by Accomplished Professionals
An experienced faculty of CFP® professionals, MBAs, CPAs and attorneys encourage students to have a thorough understanding of the course content and then to use this knowledge effectively in their professions and in preparation for the CFP® Certification Examination.
4. Certificate of Completion in Financial Planning
A Certificate of Completion in Financial Planning is awarded to graduates at Fairleigh Dickinson University upon successful completion of the program's required courses and fulfillment of all financial and administrative obligations to the University.
FDU's Financial Planning Program is designed to:
- Broaden your knowledge of the principles and practices of financial planning.
- Develop the expertise essential for you to effectively assist clients.
- Expand your product knowledge and enhance your technical skills.
- Add to your career options and growth potential.
- Gives an opportunity to network with other professionals in the field.
- Increase your confidence as a professional.
- Create an intensive teaming environment to help prepare you for the CFP® Certification Examination.
Certificate in Financial Planning
Call us at (973) 443-8990.
Earn your CFP® certification
6 courses, 270 hours of instruction
Class Start Dates
Classes are scheduled 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- MADISON, WEDNESDAY - STARTING OCTOBER 5, 2016
- TEANECK, TUESDAY - STARTING OCTOBER 4, 2016
- EATONTOWN, TUESDAY - STARTING OCTOBER 4, 2016
Learn more about the program and the rewarding career opportunites available to CFP® certificants.
Upcoming Open House events:
Florham Campus, Madison
- September 8, 2016
Metropolitan Campus, Hackensack
- September 13, 2016
Monmouth County Graduate Center, Eatontown
September 21, 2016
All open houses begin at 6 p.m.
Phone- In Open House: Session scheduled for Monday - September 26, 2016 1:00 PM
PRESS RELEASE: "FDU's Financial Planning program again named to top 35"
|VIDEO: "CFP Certification: The Standard of Excellence for Personal Financial Planning"|