Motorcycle Basic Rider Course Retest
You have options.
- Knowledge Test: FDU offers to those students who have failed the Knowledge Test a retake at no additional charge. The student must wait at least 7 days but no longer than 30 days to retest.
- Skills Evaluation/Road Test:For those students that have failed the FDU skills evaluation, there are several retest options open for you. Ideally, a retest for the skills evaluation, should be taken within 30 days. Please contact the office to decide which option best fits your needs.
STUDENTS ARE ALLOWED 1 RETEST IN ACCORDANCE WITH NJMVC REGULATIONS
Please contact the office at 201-692-6500 to schedule a retest
We supply use of motorcycles and helmets.
- Not more than 30 days since failing FDU skills evaluation of Basic Rider Course
- Valid NJ Driver’s license. If you have a NJ Driver's License you do not need to obtain a motorcycle permit to retest.
- Notarized parental consent if under the age of 18.
- You must supply proper riding gear (see below).
Bring with you to class
- Photo I.D. and NJ Driver's License or Motorcycle Permit
- FDU Retest receipt and Statement of Understanding
- Over the ankle footwear (broken-in), leather preferable, minimum of 1-inch above the ankle bone.
- DOT approved eye protection.
- Long sleeve jacket or shirt.
Long pants of durable material. MUST be free of defects.
(NOT Sweatpants, slacks, jogging suits/flared pants.)
- Full-fingered gloves. We STRONGLY recommend leather.
- Rain gear, since classes run rain or shine.
- Prompt attendance on scheduled retest date.
Must have completed BRC with written test. No instruction; practice ride ex 14, practice and retest.
Fridays at 6 PM
- Apr 6, May 4, Jun 1, Jul 6, Aug 3, Sept 7
Fridays at 5:30 PM
- Oct 5
Fridays at 4:3OPM
Nov 2, Nov 30
FDU Continuing Ed.
140 University Drive
FDU Continuing Ed.
1000 River Rd.
Teaneck, NJ 07666