Professor of Political Science, Prelaw & Legal Studies Director, Florham Institute for Lifelong Learning Director
- American Government & Politics
- Civil Liberties & Civil Rights
- Criminal Law
- Monsters & Bad States
- Law & Society
- Political Theory
- The Constitution
Professor Peabody's research interests include American heroism, constitutional reform, judicial independence, the separation of powers, law and politics, and popular culture. His work has appeared in scholarly journals, law reviews, newspapers (such as the New York Times), and blogs such as Talking Points Memo.
- Ph.D., Political Science, University of Texas at Austin
- B.A., College of Social Studies, Wesleyan (Middletown, Connecticut)
- 2016. "When Mom Saved Us from the Nazis." The Good Men Project. May 7.
- 2016. "Term limits for Supreme Court Justices." The Bergen Record. February 21 (Op-ed).
- 2015. "A Tale of Two Constitutional Orders? Departmentalism, Judicial Supremacy, and the Presidential Veto." Trinity Law Review.
- 2014. "What We Talk About When We Talk About Courts: Congressional Websites and Changing Partisan and Institutional Attitudes Towards the Judiciary, 2009-2014." British Journal of American Legal Studies 3 (2): 335-366. Kyle Morgan, co-author.
- Fall 2015. American Political Science Association. "The Evolution of President Obama’s Judicial Agenda," paper presenter on The Obama Presidency and Constitutional Law panel. San Francisco, CA.
- Fall 2014. Women in Law Conference. "Running at Justice." Keynote speaker and panel moderator at A Dialogue on the Dynamics of a Fair and Independent Judiciary in a Politically Charged Nation. Tulsa, Oklahoma, October 3.
- Spring 2014. New England Political Science Association. "Postcards from the Edge or a House on Fire? Congressional Websites and Norms of Judicial Independence, 2009-2014." Woodstock, NY.
- Student Government Association's Maddy Award for Outstanding Faculty, Becton College, Fairleigh Dickinson University (2012, 2016)
- Distinguished Faculty Award for Research, Fairleigh Dickinson University (2012)
- Teacher of the Year, Becton College, Fairleigh Dickinson University (2004)
For more on Prof. Peabody, visit his personal website.
Department of Social Sciences and History
Fairleigh Dickinson University
285 Madison Ave - M-MS3-02
Madison, NJ 07940