Industrial/Organizational Psychology MA (Concentration in Organizational Behavior)
A Practical Course of Study for Current and Aspiring Leaders
- The concentration in Organizational (COB) is targeted toward working professionals in current or future leadership roles.
- The COB curriculum is designed to develop personal leadership competencies and to apply them in a variety of organizational contexts.
- Students work with skilled instructors and personal mentors to strengthen and apply their knowledge.
Convenient and Concentrated Studies for Working Students
- Small classes promote optimum interaction among students and foster exchange of professional experience and insights.
- Most classes are held on alternate Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Intensive year-round scheduling makes it possible to complete the entire 36 credit program within twenty four months.
- "Blended" lecture and internet interaction format for classes allow for reduced attendance requirements.
- Most classes include a "mentoring" component, where each student works one-on-one with an experienced business or professional faculty member to enhance personal skills.
- Students unable to commit to the full program may opt for the 18 credit Certificate in Organizational Leadership program, which may be completed in one year's time.
- Faculty in the program bring a firm understanding of the leadership issues of today's corporate environment to the classroom, assuring participants of a relevant and practical course of study. Their ranks include business consultants, organizational psychologists, authors and researchers.
- The Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) or Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) is not required for admission.
- Courses feature workshop, roundtable and seminar-style instruction designed to encourage students to develop their own personal applications of psychological theory for use in their organizational environments.
Dr. Paul Strauss
Director of the Applied Leadership Programs
Department of Psychology and Counseling
Fairleigh Dickinson University
285 Madison Ave - M-AB2-01
Madison, NJ 07940