Rosemary Espanol Travel Grant
FDU alumna and accomplished architect Rosemary Español is offering four scholarships in the amount of $1000.00 each to full-time Fairleigh Dickinson University students who wish to participate in the Summer 2012 Study Abroad program in Alassio and Bergamo, Italy (May 16 to June 6). All applicants must be in good academic standing.
TWO SCHOLARSHIPS ARE STILL AVAILABLE (as of April 2)
Here are the application procedures. Please send the following documents via e-mail, by Wednesday April 8 2015 to Professor Gloria Pastorino (email@example.com)
1. A brief resume outlining education, work experience, hobbies, home and current address, places you have traveled, special interests, languages studied/spoken. Please include an email address and at least one contact phone number.
2. An essay (at least 500 words) covering:
- Reasons for taking the trip to Italy.
- Goals and educational objectives –what do you hope to achieve at the end of the four weeks abroad.
- How is the trip relevant to your education at FDU.
- What do you think will be the long-term benefits of this study abroad experience.
- Why you should be granted this scholarship (need will be taken into account).
3. Two letters of recommendation, at least one from a recent FDU instructor.
The three recipients will be notified by April 10, 2015
Associate Professor of Italian and French
Literature, Language, Writing, and Philosophy