Faculty Resources - Transportation
Getting around in New Jersey may seem a bit daunting at first, but the Garden State is known for its excellent public transportation system. If you're looking to commute via public transportation or just want to know what is available to you, here are some helpful links:
Train and Bus
Convent Station is the closest train stop to the College at Florham and is less than a 10 minute walk to campus. NJ Transit bus lines stop at FDU's front gate. You can also use a shuttle service to campus provided for a small fee by NJ Transit.
- Newark Liberty International Airport - Less than 20 miles from campus, this is the closest international airport to campus. Driving time is approximately 25 minutes.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport - Located in Queens, New York, Kennedy Airport is ~ 50 miles from campus. Driving time is approximately 1 hour, 10 minutes.
- LaGuardia Airport - Located 37 miles from campus in Flushing, New York, LaGuardia airport is a little less than an hour's drive.
- Philadelphia International Airport - Picking up a friend or family member who needs to get to South Jersey? You may want to consider using PHL. The airport is a little over 100 miles from campus, with a driving time of approximately 2 hours.
Looking to get the most up-to-date information on NJ road conditions?
Do you want to know what traffic conditions are like in real-time?
Do you need help mapping out your drive?
Looking for accurate information regarding real commuting time?
Driving Time Calculator - sponsored by Rand McNally, this is the most accurate indicator of commuting time to campus, taking commuter-time traffic into account.
You know you're driving in New Jersey if....
- You have to keep taking "jughandles" to get to the other side of the road.
- Your 2 mile drive to the mall takes 25 minutes.
- Exit signs are a luxury, not a requirement.
Becton College of the Arts and Sciences
Fairleigh Dickinson University
285 Madison Ave - M-MS2-01
Madison, NJ 07940
Mansion - Room 14