MHS GPS Admission Requirements/Tuition
Admissions Criteria for the MHS Gateway to Professional Studies Track
NOTE: Enrollment in this program is currently offered only at FDU’s Florham Campus in Madison, NJ. Applications are processed on a rolling admissions basis with a recommended deadline of January 15 for the spring semester and August 15 for the fall semester.
Students in the GPS track will be considered for admission based upon several criteria:
For Science Majors
A baccalaureate degree with a minimum science GPA of 3.0 is required in any one of the following areas:
- Related Science Field
For Non-Science Majors
Students with a bachelor’s degree in a different field will have the option of showing transcript evidence of successful completion of the following coursework with a "B" or better. Students must have an overall GPA of 3.0.
- General Chemistry I and II and Lab
- Organic Chemistry I & II and Lab
- Physics I & II and Lab
- General Biology I & II and Lab
- Anatomy & Physiology I & II and Lab
- Calculus I
All students will be required to provide a résumé or curriculum vitae, letters of recommendation and a personal statement describing their history and life experiences, as well as a description of their reasons for their interest in the program. Interviews may be requested by the department.
Please note- changes in our academic program may occur and would be implemented at the start of a new academic year/fall semester.
Your application package will include:
- A completed FDU Graduate Admissions Application
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (from a professor, employer or professional in the field familiar with the student’s strengths and abilities)
- Personal statement
- Résumé or curriculum vitae
Cost of Attendance
This program features a specially- priced tuition. For the current cost of attendance, contact the Florham Campus Office of Enrollment Services at 973-443-8600. Federal Direct Loans are available to qualified applicants. For more information, contact the Florham Campus Office of Financial Aid at 973-443-8700.
To estimate the cost of tuition (not including other fees), please complete the following steps:
- Obtain the program's current cost per credit from the Office of Enrollment Services.
- Multiply the cost per credit times the total number of credits in the program. (Please note- if you start in a semester other than the fall, any tuition increases for the next academic year would applied to your total costs.)
For More Information
To learn more about the Master of Health Science Gateway to Professional Studies track start dates and admission requirements - complete our Inquiry Form, download our Gateway to Professional Studies Fact Sheet or contact:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Apply online today for the Master of Health Science/Gateway to Professional Studies track.