Gateway to Professional Studies
A Master of Health Science Program of Study
A one-year program focused on building your credentials to compete for admission to a health care-related professional school.
Are you planning to apply — or reapply — for admission to a health care-related professional school?
Our 33-credit Gateway to Professional Studies (GPS) track lets you earn a market-relevant graduate degree while strengthening your credentials to apply for admission to professional school.
The intense, one-year biomedical curriculum prepares you to apply to:
- Medical, dental, pharmacy or veterinary schools
- Other health-care-related professional schools — including dental, chiropractic, podiatric or physical therapy programs of study.
FDU’s GPS program will enhance your knowledge, improve your application credentials and prepare you for academic success in a challenging professional school environment.
- Blended online and face-to-face classes at FDU’s Florham Campus in Madison, NJ, with a specially priced tuition rate.
- Builds your knowledge and training in biochemistry, pharmacology, psychology, histology, anatomy and physiology, as well as develops your communication skills.
- Studies also include an 12-credit core that explores the legal, ethical, management and public health issues confronting all aspects of health care.
You will also receive highly personalized support in applying to professional school, including one-on-one help in developing your application and preparing for your interview.
- Studies also provide career preparation for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, including pharmaceutical sales, business and management, regulatory science and science teaching.
- Faculty may include professors from FDU’s Becton College in biological/allied health, psychology and counseling, and chemistry/ pharmaceutical sciences; the School of Pharmacy; Silberman College of Business; and Petrocelli College of Continuing Studies.
For More Information
To learn more about the Master of Health Science Gateway to Professional Studies track start dates and admission requirements - complete our Inquiry Form, or contact:
Office of Graduate Admissions
Apply online today for the Master of Health Science/Gateway to Professional Studies track.