FDU School of the Arts
Proven programs in a new school
In September 2018, FDU will inaugurate its newest school: The FDU School of the Arts. FDUArts will be a robust center of learning for students who seek arts training grounded in a real-world framework.
FDUArts is integral to the University's Strategic Plan and forthcoming 75th anniversary capital campaign, One University Many Dreams.
FDUArts students will discover an innovative curriculum that combines a strong liberal arts education, hands-on creative work, valuable opportunities for internships, and an integrated new approach to arts entrepreneurship.
Graduates will be equipped to thrive in today's — and tomorrow's — complex interconnected world. Students will develop:
- A strong personal artistic vision and enhanced creative skills.
- An entrepreneurial understanding of their work and careers.
- An understanding of the digital realm as a medium for creativity, community, and marketing.
- A network of professional mentors and colleagues to jump-start their careers.
- An understanding of interdisciplinary collaboration.
- A robust and varied portfolio or resume in their creative discipline.
The arts in depth
The diversity of undergraduate and graduate degrees offered by FDUArts is given focus by the many concentrations and specializations within the disciplines.
- Concentrations in the BA, Film and Animation
- Concentration in the BA, Fine Arts: Studio Arts
- Concentrations in the BA, Graphic Design
- Concentrations in the BA, Theater Arts
- Concentrations in the MA, Animation and MFA, Animation
- 3D Character Animation
- Visual Effects
- Video Games
- Specializations in the MFA, Film
- Editing and Post-production
- Concentrations in the MFA, Creative Writing
- Creative Nonfiction
- Writing for Young Adults and Children
- Literary Translation
Find your depth
Whether you’re an experienced practitioner or are just beginning your journey in the arts, you’ll find a home at FDUArts. We invite you to explore our school and, of course, to reach out with any questions you may have.
- Apply for a BA
- Schedule a visit
- Apply for an MA or MFA
- Attend a graduate information session
- Request information
Geoffrey Weinman, Ph.D.
Dean, Becton College of Arts and Sciences
Howard Libov, M.A.