Frequently Asked Questions
If I'm in PTK, can I get both the PTK scholarship & the 40% tuition reduction?
- No, you are eligible for either the PTK scholarship OR the 40% reduction; you may not receive both discounts simultaneously. The PTK scholarship is larger than the 40% reduction.
How will I know what financial aid I will be eligible for at FDU?
- It is important to meet with a FDU financial aid counselor to know your eligibility. FDU financial aid counselors will visit the BCC campus each semester (see BCC Campus Events calendar) or an individual appointment can be made to meet with a Financial Aid counselor on the FDU campus (see Almida Hernandez in the BCC-FDU Scholars Program office in the Student Center, room A 126B for more information.)
Is there an application deadline?
- No, FDU has rolling admissions, although it is suggested to apply as early as possible.
How do I apply?
- There’s a free on-line application at www.fdu.edu/apply
Is there an option to apply in person?
- Each semester, FDU hosts an Instant Decision Day on the BCC campus. Please see the BCC Campus Events page for the date of the next Instant Decision Day. Additionally, the Director of the BCC-FDU Scholars program is available daily on the BCC campus to help you with your application. Please call to make an appointment and she will assist you in the application process.
Where should I mail my transcript?
- FDU Office of Admissions, 1000 River Road, H-UP1-14, Teaneck, NJ 07666
Transfer of Credits
How do I know how many transfer credits will be accepted at FDU & for what courses?
- Meeting with the Director of the BCC-FDU Scholars Program is necessary to understand what credits will transfer. To ensure maximum number of transfer credits, meet as early in your BCC career as possible. You can also use the NJ Transfer website to see about course equivalencies.